Acer AOD250-1694 10.1-Inch White Netbook Review | Netbooks Review Blog
 

Acer AOD250-1694 10.1-Inch White Netbook Review

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Acer AOD250-1694 10.1-Inch White Netbook - Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)
Acer AOD250-1694 10.1-Inch White Netbook - Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)
Brand : Acer Model : AOD250-1694

Overall Rating :
From : 8 Reviews
Color : White

Technical
  • 1.6GHz Intel N270 Atom Processor
  • 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory
  • 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
  • Windows 7 Starter Operating System, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5200 mAh)
  • 10.1" WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED Display, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Description

Acer AOD250-1694 is equipped with a high specification. Intel Atom N270, Windows 7 Starter, 10.1-inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED Display, Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 1024 MB Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400), Multi - - in - 1 Digital Media Card Reader, Acer InviLink 802.11b / g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Acer Crystal Eye integrated webcam, two stereo speakers, 3 - USB 2.0 ports, 6-cell Li-Ion Battery (5200 mAh) £ 2, 79. | 1.27 kg (system unit only)  [...]
Acer AOD250-1694 10.1-Inch White Netbook - Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)

Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Joyce Greene
Just bought this netbook, and when I opened for the first time an error message checked. The error message said it was impossible to connect to a disc and press Ctrl-Alt-Del, when the drive is connected correctly. Since I always had to push Ctrl-Alt-Del to start the computer. It 'a little' embarrassing.

However, the computer starts up quickly. For those familiar with Windows Vista, Windows 7 is very similar. The netbook runs very quiet, and the keyboard is big enough to kind of precision. However, the touchpad has taken me a little 'getting used to because there is a button to select. I had no problems watching a video on YouTube and are generally very satisfied with the product. For a Netbook that was under $ 300, I definitely recommend this to my friends!
......................................................

CM ( NM )
I recently bought the Acer Aspire One netbook from Amazon, after searching a lot heavier. I know computers pretty well, but I've never owned a netbook, I never lost one, so needless to say, I do not know what to expect. When I received, I lost some time in it. I also remember that my first experience with Windows 7. The set-up is a breeze and the computer has started fairly quickly. The first thing that surprised me is that this netbook is not responsible for the rubbish that much, so it was not easy to clean. Once Wi-Fi and Ethernet have been developed to quickly and easily. The netbook has had problems with installing anything. I put Rhapsody on it as soon as I arrived and it works smoothly, which surprised me, because sometimes my HP desktop Rhapsody slowdown quite frequently. I might add, for those who do not know, get rid of Internet Explorer. Its too slow to do anything. Instead, download Google Chrome or Firefox. I am currently using Google Chrome and I love it.

As I sat with her more, I found only one thing that just did not like it, but it was easy to solve. The problem? Windows Starter Edition 7. I agree with the crowd not hate on this, because I think the fine for the most part. Starter has almost everything I need, except the possibility of changing the wallpaper. Microsoft does not give the possibility to change the background looks like a cheap way to get people to better IMO, but I solved by downloading the free software that allows you to change in any case, so my problem is not fixed. I also noticed that a lot of information on the Starter Edition is the problem with many websites, such as editing of goodwill who do not have Windows Media Player, which, to my great surprise, it was.

Moving on, the netbook itself is very quiet, almost no noise coming from him. Its pretty nice looking and seems well made, as far as I can tell. The keyboard took some getting used to, with the backspace key, strange place. But apart from that, a Netbook is very well built. I recommend this easy for those looking for a great netbook at a reasonable price.
......................................................

C. R. Brown
The computer itself is great. I like its compact and has the battery life. The touchpad is the least annoying of any laptop I've ever used. The operating system Windows 7 starter, but it is not. its a very abbreviated version created for emerging markets in third world countries. There is so much missing. can not even put a picture on your desktop. Save your money and buy the XP version. I wish I did.
......................................................

David Bray ( Las Vegas, NV )
I bought this netbook to make the details of everyday children and, finally, I spend my Sony laptop. Overall I'm very pleased with this product. In reality there is not much I would change, even if the technicians "out there do not agree. There are two drawbacks that I should be addressed: One. The trial version of Office, do not read the fine print. I searched everywhere for the product Microsoft to activate the program, but apparently I need to purchase separately on MSN - Cost: $ 80. MSN lets you use the Office programs, but only for about 20 times until it becomes inactive.

Second. As mentioned previously, the Starter Pack for Windows, like those before have said, has its limits. I tried to address this problem yet, but I ended up buying the upgrade to me. Thus, for the meat and potatoes. I would recommend this product? Definitely, yes. Just know that you may need to buy a couple of updates. Internet is big and fast. The keyboard is so small, once you get used to. Great product for the price. I hope this helps.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

Related Articles



0 comments: