Gateway LT2030u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook [Review] | Netbooks Review Blog
 

Gateway LT2030u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook [Review]

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gateway LT2030u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook - Over 7 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)
Gateway LT2030u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook - Over 7 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)
Brand : Gateway
Model : LT2030u
Overall Rating :
From : 14 Reviews
Color : Red

Gateway LT2030u Technical Detail
  • 1.6GHz Intel N270 Atom Processor
  • 1024MB DDR2 667MHz Memory
  • 250GB SATA Hard Drive, 802.11b/g WiFi Certified
  • 10.1" SD WSVGA High Brightness LED-backlit Display, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
  • Windows 7 Starter, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5200 mAh)
Gateway LT2030u Description

Gateway LT2030u netbook comes with these specs: Intel Atom N270 processor, Windows 7 Starter, SD 10.1-inch WSVGA high-brightness display LED backlight, Mobile Intel 945GSE Express chipset, 1024MB of 667MHz DDR2 memory, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 250GB SATA Hard Drive, Integrated Webcam, Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Dolby Headphone Technology, High-Definition Audio, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, 3 - USB 2.0 ports, multi-gesture touchpad, 6-cell Li-Ion Battery (5200 mAh), 7+ hours of battery life, 2.95 lbs. | 1.33 kg (system unit only),AC Adapter,AC power cord, wireless configuration card,Limited Warranty Card, Norton Internet Security (60-day trial) [...]
Gateway LT2030u 10.1-Inch Red Netbook - Over 7 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)

Gateway LT2030u Reviews (All-Reviews)

Carl Franklin ( Cedar City, UT USA )
I wanted to buy a netbook for a few months. I did a lot of shopping, but do not pull the trigger until last week. When I made the leap to buy a Gateway LT2030 while it was on sale. I have a gateway for my home computer so I had an idea of the quality expected. The first thing that caught my attention was the 250GB hard drive in netbooks. Most of the other netbooks I had looked at only 160GB. The 90GB is more important simply because I want to take music/video together when I travel. I can easily cut on site for some HD video and have something to watch while on the plane or in the hotel.

I also use my computer a lot for business, which means that I need both connectivity and power enough to work with the statistical analysis. Regarding connectivity, this little netbook has everything I need to done with all the mail and the line is responsible only that I need. The screen size (10.1") took some getting used to, but for portability I'm fine with that. I can easily use this netbook in any cafe or Wi-Fi hotspots while on the road. It easy to carry and easy to use. Energy is enough. I do a lot of research that requires the use of SPSS, so I was a bit worried about the power/processing capacity. So far seems to be very good. In a recent project I had to do a regression analysis of basic and did not notice the computer slows down a lot, even with a statistical model using more than 1000 cases.

Overall of this netbook is very high. I never thought when I bought it, but then I realized that the surface of the palm rest is a bit of te3xture it. This provides more grip in your palm, something you would be surprised what it can be useful. This also means that the fingerprints and smudges do not show. If you want a netbook in $200, then you will get smaller hard drive and probably a bit slower. This probably keep a large number of users to purchase this slick little netbook. This netbook is $350 for most of the costs, but I think it's worth for this price. If you need a netbook which competes what you have on your desktop consider this unit.
......................................................

Joel S. Dean ( Alexandria, Virginia United States )
My wife gave me a red LT2030u for Christmas. It is small, light and runs most applications as well as my old notebook. I liked the computer directly out of the box. Is the processing speed is good, standard Windows 7 ran everything I wanted and watch the big screen with a clear and bright. Being me, I could not leave well enough alone so I added a 2G memory(SODIMM memory chips, MN2048SD2-667-sold by Amazon, an ASUS 8x USB 2.0 External DVD Burner Optical Drive SDRW-08D1S-U sold by Amazon and bought a Targus Sport Netbook Case TNC101US also sold by Amazon.

I had an extra additional license for Windows 7 Home Premium, I installed on the netbook. Netbook immediately found my network and stream movies HULU Movies as well. The application I tried was not performed "Tiger Woods Golf 2008". In all honesty, the netbooks are not really built to play game and you can be a problem Win 7 with some old game. Good to know things: - There is only one memory slot for upgrading from 1G to 2G you should buy a 2G memory module and replace the existing form 1G. Most external DVD drives that use USB ports to require two USB ports for connecting (they have a Y-cable) should be a problem like that netbooks have three USB ports.
......................................................

K. Fisher
This specs are true for all I need. You can upgrade the RAM to 2GB ... not shabby .. perfect, nothing to complain about! Recommend.
......................................................



Gateway LT2030u Accessories

Gateway LT2030u Related

Related Articles



0 comments: